1. Remember that friendship is a gift, not a possession.
2. Do “first things first”. (Generally that means doing the most important task first thing in the morning.)
3. Smile, especially when you’re with other people. (Remember that everyone is fighting a hard battle).
4. Include extra time, or margin, in your schedule.
5. QTIP (or quit taking it personally.)
6. Treasure people and experiences over possessions.
7. Do what’s important and say “no” to the rest.
8. Accept that constant change is here to stay!
9. Remember that nothing is usually as serious as it seems at first.
10. Do something relaxing before going to bed.
1. The same themes and patterns (which are usually self-defeating) keep reappearing, or repeating themselves.
2. Unresolved issues and heatache from your past, are stopping you from living and enjoying your life now. These are triggered more frequently and easily today.
3. You have trouble coping with powerful emotions – like overwhelming anger or excessive crying.
4. You feel anxious, restless and dissatisfied, and feel as if something needs to change in your life.
5. You feel dazed or shocked by something that has happened, and can’t pick up the pieces and “be normal” again.
6. You keep pushing down your feelings, and denying your emotions, but they keep resurfacing – and just won’t go away.
7. You make superficial changes as you’re scared of digging deeper. - but that doesn’t work for long as the real problem’s still there.
8. You can’t let go of something that meant a lot to you – a disappointment, or a failure, or a past relationship.
“But as always in relationships, the person that helps to effect change is never the one the gets to enjoy it.”
Ain’t about that life anymore.